- 1 box (16 oz) penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 links Tofurky Kielbasa, sliced into coins
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, (the ones I used had garlic & onion), undrained
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons small capers
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: vegan parmesan
Cook the penne according to the package directions. While it's cooking heat the oil in a nonstick skillet and add the kielbasa coins. Cook until brown on both sides, set aside.
Using the same skillet add the cauliflower and cook until it starts to brown slightly. But you aren't cooking it all the way just yet.
Add the rest of the ingredients listed (except the Parmesan). Cook, covered, stirring occasionally about 5-8 minutes.
When the cauliflower is tender add the pasta and kielbasa. Stir well. I added a little homemade parmesan to each bowl.