Sunday, March 20, 2016

Cheesy Stuffed Poblanos with Beefless Ground

I stuffed a few poblanos with Gardein Beefless Ground for lunch this weekend. These were fast to make and yummy. I made some yellow rice to serve with them. You could also use this filling for other veggies (bell pepper, squash, zucchini, etc.)

  • 1 package Gardein Beefless Ground
  • 2 teaspoons oil
  • 1 can (10 ounce) Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 fresh lime juiced
  • 2 Poblano Chiles
  • 1 cup Daiya mozzarella shreds
  • 1/3 cup sliced green onions


Preheat oven to 375. Lightly spray a 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside. Heat oil in a large pan. Add the beefless ground and stir until it's thawed. Add the enchilada sauce, garic, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir and simmer until hot.

While the filling is getting hot, cut the pobablos in half and remove the seeds and membranes. Place on a microwave safe plate and cook for 2 minutes.

Remove the filling from the heat. Stir in lime juice, sliced green onions and cheese. Stir well.

Stuff the pepper halves and place in your oiled dish. Garnish each pepper with a small amount of mozzarella.

Bake for 25 minutes.

Garnish with sour cream and salsa. I served these with yellow rice.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, this blog can come in really handy for me as my husband often likes to not eat meat. Im searching for alternatives to making meat dishes once in a while. Love the variety

    Visiting from taste query

    www.inthekitchenwithelise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elise,
      Thanks for stopping by my kitchen and I hope you'll find some good ideas here. Some of the recipes rely on faux meats, while others simply leave it out. I'm so glad you found my blog.
      <3
      Glo

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting this info. I just to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.
    pest control san antonio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James,
      Thanks for stopping by my kitchen and checking out some recipes. I hope you'll try a few of them and let me know how you like them.
      Thanks,
      Glo

      Delete